Summary of Position:
• Maintain Fixed Assets system companywide ensuring accuracy and timeliness
• Maintain on a monthly basis key balance sheet reconciliations including bank, prepaids, permits, accrued expenses and sales and use tax.
• File State Sales & Use tax reports online meeting all monthly and other deadlines
• Support Corporate Accounting department and operating divisions as assigned using the utmost confidentiality
• Accounting and operations personnel at corporate and divisions
• Reconcile month-end daily cash report as of the last day of the month by the 2nd workday of the following month
• Reconcile bank statements to the general ledger as assigned
• Generate bi-weekly check run and other checks as requested with appropriate management review and approval
• Initiate with appropriate management approval wire and ACH transfers, stopped payments and voided checks
• Determine and report funds available and/or cash needs for borrowing; prepare and analyze cash management reports as requested
• Prepare, compile and review financial reports or charts as requested including preparation of iSwim and Credit Card summary reports for the Operating Committee Book
• Assist in identifying and implementing changes that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of tools such as remote capture, iSWIM, etc.
• Act as lead for all iSwim questions, check scanning questions and check scanner replacement coordination. Train new hires on these systems
• Other cash duties as needed including back up of daily cash tasks and reporting
• Code all corporate accounts payable invoices, including all legal, advertising and shared services, allocating these expenses across divisions as approved
• Coordinate with Legal Department all legal invoice payments and accruals providing General Counsel with monthly reconciliation and reporting by legal matter
• Coordinate with key stakeholders all advertising invoice payments and accruals, ensuring proper approvals, timing of expense, and account distribution.
• Support the month-end close by handling all journal entries as assigned including Cash, Prepaids and Accrued Expenses, meeting all required deadlines.
• Complete companywide division analysis, reporting, and journal entries for prepaid permit expenses and other key accounts as requested
• Reconcile the shared services allocations versus budget; document assumptions and recommend adjustments.
• Handle the Fixed Asset processing every month including full reconciliation of Fixed Asset system to the general ledger; and book depreciation entry monthly; book additions, disposals and transfers on a timely basis.
• Handle all assigned balance sheet reconciliations on a timely basis to ensure all adjustment entries are booked in the month incurred.
• Prepare and submit all Sales and Use Tax filings and State Annual Reports by the appropriate deadlines
• Process and file personal property taxes primarily related to fixed assets.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required; Accounting major required
- 2-3 Years in public accounting or private industry preferred
- Strong attention to detail, extreme confidentiality, and time management skills required
- Ability to multitask and to communicate when behind schedule on any key task
- Good interpersonal skills and intermediate proficiency in all MS Office applications