Division General Manager
The Division General Manager at Anthony and Sylvan Pools oversees the development and implementation of the Division’s overall business objectives, policies, and strategic plans. Provides leadership to ensure positive and profitable relationships with all external parties including customers, vendors and subcontractors. Manages the effective implementation and execution of processes and plans to increase the growth of the Division, and achieve both short and long-term financial and operational objectives.
- In conjunction with senior management, develops and implements procedures, and establishes performance objectives for the Division. Ensures that all operations/projects are carried out in a timely, financially sound, manner consistent with the Company’s goals and quality standards.
- Responsible for day-to-day fiscal management to ensure compliance with budgeted revenue and operating income goals. Analyzes monthly financial performance indicators and makes the necessary adjustments to ensure profitability of the division.
- Directs the development and preparation of the Division’s annual business plan and budgeting process; monitors progress against business objectives throughout the year.
- Must be proficient at anticipating and resolving internal and external resource challenges encountered in product delivery to meet customer demands and quality standards. Special attention should be focused on attaining and maintaining a quality subcontractor base.
- Reviews and contributes to decisions on advertising, marketing, pricing and all other issues related to sales and marketing. Provides direction to local marketing agency in regard to marketing and intranet and traditional advertising initiatives. Must be cognizant of current selling trends, as well as backlogs, to maximize profits and production on a daily basis.
- Directs market penetration and sales growth of the Division, including new business development activities. Identify, analyze, and recommend strategic alliances to generate increased customer satisfaction, sales and financial growth.
- Provides management oversight to the construction department staff regarding the tactical operating needs in support of the goal to maximize construction quality and provide excellent customer service.
- Pursues and implements continuous process improvement throughout all areas of the business.
- Ensures that all employees maintain a consistent focus on high quality customer service. Where necessary, provides guidance and support to maximize customer satisfaction in order to achieve annual customer satisfaction survey (CSS) goals.
- Continuously evaluates industry, market and technology trends to assess the potential impact on business opportunities. Makes recommendations as necessary.
- Provides direction for the recruitment, selection, orientation, development and retention of a high caliber staff; ensures that well qualified individuals are hired and properly trained to carry out the organization’s mission.
- Acts as a liaison in the implementation and/or interpretation of corporate programs, policies and operating procedures. Initiates and champions new programs and policies necessary to sustain long-term success.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA a plus. Must have a minimum of 8 years progressively responsible business experience, including full PL responsibility and the overall management of an operating business unit. Strong understanding of B to C sales / marketing concepts and techniques is required. Experience in localized business development and managing a sales team is required.Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree Finance or Accounting; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered; CPA/MBA candidate preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge/capabilities in the areas of financial analysis, human resource and business administration, legal and ethical practices, marketing, business development and sales
- Ability to effectively use standard office applications software
- Ability to be an effective member of and lead the most complex teams
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Strong customer and results orientation
- Excellent verbal, written and executive presentation skills
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills
- Ability to facilitate progressive change
- Strong financial acumen and knowledge to evaluate P&Ls and quickly ascertain areas of concern
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.