Pool chemicals are an important part of maintaining the beauty and balance of your pool. They are responsible for keeping your pool water clean and safe. And, since chemicals are such an important component of pool care, Anthony & Sylvan carries pool chemicals from the best brands on the market. We also carry a branded line of Anthony & Sylvan chemicals, which are of the highest concentraions. Our brand of chemicals are an excellent value and have been maintaining fun and safe pools for years.
Learn more about the types of pool chemicals we carry below. For all the brands we stock, visit an Anthony & Sylvan retail store or shop online.
We sell a wide variety of algaecides. Our most popular algaecide is Anthony & Sylvan’s Pro-60. This product prevents, controls and removes all types of algae including green, yellow, mustard and black algae in swimming pools. Pro-60 works without causing foaming, staining, or discoloration. It contains 60% Poly [oxyethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene-(dimethyliminio) ethylene dichloride] and is effective at both high and low pH levels. Pro-60 is compatible with chlorinating products and other non-chlorine products. A&S Pro-60 comes in three convenient sizes (quart, half gallon and gallon bottles). Our Pink-X Algae is specially formulated to remove and control algae. It contains 50% Didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride. We also sell products designed to prevent algae by removing phosphates from your pool water. Phosphates are algeas’ primary food source. Phos-X and Natural Chemistry’s Phos Free are products to keep your pool algae free. Anthony & Sylvan has a selection of United Chemical products to both prevent and remove algae, Swamp Treat and No-Mor-Problems. Swamp Treat is the newest formula for the worst algae blooms. It’s patented formula works fast to turn a green pool clean in a matter of hours. No Mor Problems prevents all types of algae and bacteria in every type of swimming pool. It’s patented formula works with your sanitizer to unleash its full potential, keeping algae from ever growing and making sure your pool will stays clean and clear.
Anthony & Sylvan Cartridge Kleen is formulated to thoroughly clean filter cartridges and D.E. filter elements. It is a blend of cleaning agents and degreasers especially formulated to penetrate deeply into any reusable cartridge filter or DE element and remove the accumulated material such as body oil, grease, dirt, and soap scum.
We sell two types of filter media: Splash D.E. (Diatomaceous Earth) and Purifiber. Splash D.E. is a white filter powder for all standard D.E. (diatomaceous earth) filters. It is strong, moisture resistant, easy to handle, and easy to store. It contains four pre-measured 6 lb charges of efficient long-lasting D.E. filter powder. We also sell Purifiber, which is a high performance alternative to D.E. filtration. Completely non-toxic and biodegradable, it is safe to handle and offers superior water clarity and longer filtering cycles while using less material than any other filter media on the market today. Purifiber has a 60% greater dirt-holding capacity than D.E., allowing for up to 3 times longer filter runs. No regeneration is necessary under normal usage and maintenance and in fact, you will use 4 times less product with Purifiber based on the NSF Standard 50 recommended initial dose for D.E. making Purifiber, pound for pound, an excellent choice for your filtration needs.
We sell chemicals to help maintain a warm comfortable temperature in your pool all summer long. Natural Chemistry’s Cover Free and Therma Swim Liquid Solar Cover are easy to use. These products reduce heat loss which will help to extend your swimming season and reduce heating costs.
Sanitizer – Stabilized Chlorine
- The Anthony & Sylvan Super Pool Treat (Granular) is a quick dissolving stabilized chlorine. With 99.5% Sodium Dichloro-S-Triazinetrione Dihdrate, it contains 55% available stabilized chlorine. This white, granular, fast dissolving chlorine compound will not cloud your pool water and can be used for chlorination as well as super chlorination. This special formulated powder can be used in any pool or spa and it comes in 5 conveniently sized containers (40 lb, 25 lb, 15 lb, 5 lb and 2 lb).
- The Anthony & Sylvan Giant 3 inch tablets are individually wrapped for your convenience. They are 99% Trichloro-S-Triazinetrione. Each slow dissolving tablet has 90% available stabilized chlorine and when dispensed into pool water, the tablets act as both a disinfectant and an algaecide. They are the ideal size for floating dispensers and most automatic chlorinators, and come in 3 conveniently sized containers (25 lb, 10 lb and 5 lb).
- The Anthony & Sylvan Syl Clor 1″ Tablets are 99% Trichloro-S-Triazinetrione. Each slow dissolving tablet has 90% available stabilized chlorine and when dispensed into pool water, these tablets act as both a disinfectant and an algaecide. These comes in 3 conveniently sized containers (25 lb, 10 lb and 5 lb).
- The Anthony & Sylvan Chlorinating Sticks are 99% Trichloro-S-Triazinetrione. Each slow dissolving stick has 90% available stabilized chlorine and comes in 3 conveniently sized containers (25 lb, 10 lb and 5 lb).
Shock & Super Chlorine
We sell a wide variety of pool shock (or super chlorination) treatments which includes Lithium based, Calcium Hypochlorite based and Sodium Dichloro-S-Triazinetrone based. We also sell Scorch (Cal Hypo), Scorch II (Lithium), Scorch Plus (non chlorine), Super Zap It (Cal-Hypo). We offer a selection of shock and super chlorination products in a variety of sizes and concentrations. Our experts will help you select the best products at the best value for your pool care needs.
We sell a wide variety of spa chemicals including the Diamond Spa chemical line (Brom Tabs, Clear Spa, Alkalinity Plus, Spa Freshen, Spa Shock and Foam Away).
Stain Removers and Preventers
We sell a variety of stain removers and preventers. Our Anthony & Sylvan Les-Iron is a special formulated stain and scale preventer. It prevents metallic stains and eliminates brown or green water due to metals. It comes in two conveniently sized containers (quart and gallon). We also sell a variety of United Chemical products including Pool Stain Treat and Pool Stain Treat Spotting Bags. And, a variety of Jack’s Magic chemicals including Purple Stuff, Blue Stuff, Magenta Stuff and The Ionizer Stuff. Our trained staff can help you select the right product to both protect or remedy any situation.
Summer Start-Up Kits
We sell two spring Start-Up Kits which contain everything you need to get your pool up and running for the season, all in one convenient box. These are available in two sizes – 15,000 gallon and 30,000 gallon pools.
Anthony & Sylvan offers a wide selection of chemicals to help you properly maintain your water balance.
- Hardness Control (Calcium Hardness Increaser) – Raises the calcium hardness level of your pool water. Maintaining a proper calcium hardness level prevents corrosion, etching and pitting of exposed concrete surfaces, protects your equipment and increases sanitizer efficiency. It comes in 2 conveniently sized containers (25 lb and 7 lb.)
- Chlorine Booster (Chlorine Stabilizer) – Stabilizes chlorine and provides protection from the sun. Maintaining a proper level of stabilizer will reduce chlorine burn off and improve the effectiveness of your chlorine. It contains 100% Cyanuric acid and is safe for both chlorine and salt pools. It comes in a 4 lb sized package.
- pH Up – Increase your pool water’s pH level. Maintaining the proper pH level prevents corrosion of equipment, eye irritation, etching of plaster, staining and cloudy water. Its active ingredient is Sodium Carbonate (soda ash). pH Up comes in 3 conveniently sized containers (18 lb, 9 lb and 5 lb).
- pH Down – Lowers bother the pH and alkalinity level of your pool water. Maintaining the proper pH level prevents corrosion of equipment, eye irritation, etching of plaster, staining and cloudy water. Its active chemical is sodium bisulfate. pH Down comes in 3 conveniently sized containers (25 lb, 12 lb and 6 lb).
- Alkalinity Increaser – Increases the alkalinity level of your pool water. A balanced alkalinity level helps to prevent changes to your water’s pH and improves your sanitizer’s effectiveness. It comes in 2 conveniently sized containers (25 lb and 9 lb)
We sell a variety of Water Clarifiers to help keep your pool crystal clear. Majestic Blue has proven to be a superior 4-in-1 clarifier in swimming pools and spas. Majestic Blue clarifies cloudy water, eliminates oil and scum lines and improves filter efficiency. Our Anthony & Sylvan Syl Floc thoroughly settles un-filterable, suspended debris to the pool floor so that the debris can be easily vacuumed away. We also carry a variety of Natural Chemistry products including Pool First Aid, Pool Perfect , and Pool Perfect + pHosfree.
The Anthony & Sylvan Pool Winterizing Kit contains everything you need to close your pool for the season. Kits are available in two sizes – 15,000 gallon and 30,000 gallon pools. We also offer winter kits specifically designed for pools with mesh covers.