Application Support Specialist – Doylestown, PA
- Provide IT operations functions for the organization’s standard hardware, software and voice/data network solutions.
- Serve as the primary POC for technical issue resolution.
- Develop project plans, and schedule and assign work to meet critical deadlines.
- Provide weekly and monthly metrics to meet customer reporting requirements.
- Manage installation and maintenance of network and data center components. Plan, design, analyze, and provide technical support for the data center (VMWare), communications network and security.
- Provide escalated on-site support of hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
- Provide strategic, budgeting and disaster recovery/business continuity planning to offices and staff in multiple operating, business and functional units.
- Responsible for local inventory maintenance and software license management.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in data processing or computer science.
- 4 years’ experience working with Microsoft Exchange, Windows Servers, Active Directory, TCP/IP, VMware 6.5, VPN, and HP Network switches, or similar.
- 5-7 years of IT experience in networking and data center management. Experience with, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Office, Windows 7/10, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of company supported platforms such as Windows, VMWare, VOIP, and MPLS networks. Ability to maintain and troubleshoot computer network and data center hardware, software, and peripherals. Ability to develop systems solutions for operational problems. Ability to learn and support new network components. Network and Data Center security experience required.
- Experience working in a corporate IT environment with responsibilities that include evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Excellent listening and writing skills