Assistant Project Manager – Austin, TX
Position Title: Assistant Project Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Total Number of Reports: 0
Supervisor’s Title: Construction Manager
The Assistant Project Manager (PM) is responsible for assisting with all aspects of construction from scheduling, to the pre-site inspection to receipt of the Certificate of Completion/Certificate of Occupancy. Assistant PM must be knowledgeable in all phases of the installation and operation of all equipment and systems. The Assistant PM is the liaison between the customer and the sub-contractors, and helps to coordinate all sub-contractor activities to complete each phase of construction. Sets schedule/construction timeline on all jobs. Resolves any conflicts in scheduling; corrects any miscommunications and maintains relationships with contractors to ensure production is able to move forward.
Travel Requirements: 60% Field
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees all phases of the installation process, taking digital photos throughout, and responsible for ensuring completion of all required inspections.
2. Interact with customers via phone and email regarding project movement, answers questions, and resolves any issues with scheduling.
3. Meets regularly with the Construction Manager to review the progress of each assigned project and to discuss and resolve outstanding problems or issues, as needed.
4. Assists the Design Consultant and Sales Manager on pre-site evaluations to ensure that any site concerns are addressed prior to obtaining a signed construction agreement.
5. Interact with sub-contractors to define the construction schedule. Maintains working relationships to promote quality of work and scheduling efficiency.
6. Ensures compliance with the use of all safety-related equipment on the jobsite as required by the A&S Safety Program.
7. Ensures the payment schedule is maintained and all payments are received for each assigned project. When construction crews are unable to do so, Assistant PM may be scheduled to pick up customer payments before proceeding to the next phase.
8. Produce and maintain accurate construction files including: contract addendums, revised plans, incident reports, material selections, etc.
9. Copy permits and all project paperwork to make complete and accurate job files, fill out incident reports, maintain in-office spreadsheets tracking data
10. Follows A&S’s policies and procedures. Other duties as assigned or as business needs require.
11. Consistently demonstrates A&S’s Guiding Values of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Integrity, Teamwork, and Community.
Education Required: Bachelors’ Degree
• Exceptional customer service skills. Ability to overcome customer objections.
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
• 1-3 years’ experience with construction industry
• Swimming Pool or Residential construction
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed:
• Microsoft Office; strong proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
• Proficient in using an iPad
• excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, and problem solving skills
• strong customer service skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work long hours in the busy season
• Strong attention to detail, able to make decisions relative to scheduling