Construction Manager Luxury Residential – Doylestown, PA
- Under the direction of the General Manager, provide management oversight to all construction related activities, including direct management of Project Managers and Schedulers.
- Maintain close relationships with key builders and provide oversight to builder projects to ensure building to all specifications.
- Ensure all construction polices, process and procedures are consistently implemented and applied by all construction personnel, including construction checklists and defined payment schedules.
- Develop and implement new and revised business process improvements to increase productivity, reduce cycle time and costs, improve quality and maintain customer satisfaction. Employ immediate corrective action and process improvements to eliminate customer concerns and problems.
- Track and evaluate sub-contractor performance. Address deficiencies directly with subs by making appropriate back charges and/or clarifying performance expectations. Continuously network and recruit new subcontractors as needed to insure production requirements can be met. Lead subcontractor meetings and price negotiations.
- Ensure the efficient, accurate and timely tracking of construction phases. Identify areas of improvement and the elimination of excess white space. Anticipate and plan for the required capacity in production to meet the sales demand.
- Conduct monthly review of division’s P&L results and analysis of Work In Progress (WIP) Report to insure the financials are accurate.
- Review key operating metrics for the construction department and insure timely and accurate reporting of results. The following metrics should be tracked and monitored at least on a monthly basis; or more frequent as deemed appropriate. Immediate corrective action should be taken for those areas identified as not meeting expectations:
- Overall CSS Results
- Dig to Shoot Time
- Dig to Plaster Time
- Unit Production
- Variance Analysis
- Jobs being managed by each project manager
- Jobsite Visits
- Final Inspection Status
- Money List Review
- PM & Scheduler CSS Results
- Work directly with customers to resolve issues that cannot be resolved by PMs, Schedulers, and Design Consultants.
- Work closely with Design Consultants to reduce the time between sale to dig.
- Analyze construction-related losses and recommend process change and improvements to drive down the frequency and related costs. Continuously evaluate construction standards and recommends adjustments as necessary.
- Stays abreast of the latest pool and construction-related technologies and takes the initiative to understand such by either self-educating or attending vendor related training. Facilitate training for construction staff through internal resources, vendors, industry experts and outside resources.
- Manage the development and training of construction and warranty personnel through continuous coaching and counseling efforts. Provide career development opportunities for employees to attend skill based training programs to enhance work-related computer, technical, telephone and customer service skills. Coach Project Managers, Scheduler and other construction and warranty staff to continuously develop and improve proactive communications with our customers.
- Review all contractor invoices for cost over runs.
- Continually monitory leakage budget and causes and implement changes to solve ongoing leakage issues.
- Directly or indirectly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and engaging employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum 5 years’ experience successfully leading and managing employees in a construction-related environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of quality and process improvement programs and techniques
- Experience in the development and successful implementation of customer service techniques and programs
- Knowledge of swimming pool industry
- Microsoft Office; strong proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Strong customer service mentality, with the ability to multitask
- Self-motivated, pro-active, result-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimal direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A proven leader with the ability to mentor, coach and educate personnel
- An approachable, engaging and effective listener
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and financial skills; understanding of P&L
Travel Required: Yes. 10%
Education Preferred: Bachelors or better.
- 5-6 years: Supervisory Experience
- 5-6 years: Construction related experience