The Design Consultant runs assigned appointments and meetings with potential customers. The ultimate objectives for the Design Consultant include successfully closing a sale, generating positive profitability for Anthony & Sylvan and exceeding customer expectations.
Design Consultant – Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Design Consultant reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the following duties:
- Meeting with customers and explaining features and merits of Anthony & Sylvan pool ownership.
- Creating designs based on customer needs and expectations using PoolDraw software, and recommending a backyard pool design utilizing professional and persuasive sales techniques.
- Conducting immediate and scheduled follow ups after an initial customer meeting until a pool is sold or the customer is no longer interested in Anthony & Sylvan pool ownership. The Design Consultant will be expected to present company, marketing, and related sales information to customers in a planned presentation format.
- Running all appointments as assigned by the Lead Manager and coordinating your personal schedule with the Lead Manager to notify them of available times or potential scheduling issues.
- Actively pursuing local club memberships for networking and developing relationships with related businesses, such as landscapers and builders, and identifying new sales prospects and contacts to establish a positive business relationship.
- Assisting in the development of marketing efforts using his/her local market and customer knowledge.
- Assisting in the development of sales presentations and collateral materials.
- Using Retail Cost Breakdown (RCB) methodology to determine the customer price for the pool based on normal price book information, and conferring with the Sales General Manager in all circumstances where the needed price to sell the pool falls outside of agreed guidelines.
- Preparing a variety of status reports, as needed, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Participating in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
- Following Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
Design Consultant Position Requirements
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Requirements: 3+ years successful B to C sales experience.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge or Licenses/Certifications Needed: Microsoft Office; proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook. Working knowledge of CRM software.
Functional Knowledge: The Design Consultant position is customer service orientated. Candidates must be committed and willing to put in the necessary time to be successful.
- Able to work nights and weekends.
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Strong negotiating skills to persuade and influence others.
- Participates and works well in a team-based environment.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Must feel comfortable being compensated under a 100% commission pay structure.
- Positive and outgoing personality.
Travel Requirements: 50% Domestic.
Apply Today to be a Design Consultant for Anthony & Sylvan Pools
Does a position as a Design Consultant sound like the perfect fit? Apply with Anthony & Sylvan Pools today with the employment application below for a chance to become part of our growing team.Apply Now