Design Consultant – League City, Texas
The Design Consultant with Anthony and Sylvan Pools in League City, Texas, is responsible for leading assigned appointments and meeting with potential customers to accomplish the ultimate objective of successfully closing a sale; generating positive profitability and exceeding customer expectations.
- Travel: 90 – 100% within defined sales territory
- Supervisor’s Title: General Manager/Regional Sales Manager
Essential Duties of the Design Consultant
- Meets with customers and explains features and merits of A&S pool ownership. After gathering customer’s needs and expectations, creates designs using Pool Studio software, and recommends a backyard pool design utilizing professional and persuasive sales techniques.
- Uses Retail Cost Breakdown (RCB) methodology to determine the customer price for the pool based on normal price book information. Confers with Regional Sales Manager in all circumstances where the needed price to sell the pool falls outside of company guidelines.
- Updates the CRM database with pertinent customer information daily including sales and appointment status fields, projected dates on follow-ups, and sale-to-dig timelines.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, as needed, including activity logs, sales disposition reports from the CRM database, and adherence to individual goals.
- Runs all appointments as assigned by Lead Manager. Coordinates personal schedule with Lead Manager to notify of available times or potential scheduling issues. Design Consultant responsible for scheduling follow-up appointments with un-sold prospects.
- Conducts immediate and scheduled follow up, after initial customer meeting, until pool is sold, or until the customer is no longer interested in A&S pool ownership. Presents company, marketing, and related sales information to customers in a planned and company-approved presentation format.
- Actively pursues local club memberships for networking and developing relationships with related businesses, i.e., landscapers and builders. Identifies new sales prospects and contacts to establish positive business relationships and leverage sales from a growing referral base.
- Assists in the development of marketing efforts using his/her local market and customer knowledge. Assists in the development of sales presentation and collateral materials.
- Meets with Regional Sales Manager once per month to review individual progress against sales plan and determine corrective actions, if needed.
- Participates in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three plus years successful B to C sales experience required.
- Microsoft Office, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of CRM software.
- Customer service oriented.
- Must be committed and willing to put in the necessary time to be successful.
- Able to work nights and weekends and occasionally holidays.
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Strong negotiating skills to persuade and influence others.
- Participates and works well in a team-based environment.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Must feel comfortable being compensated under a 100% commission pay structure.
- Positive and outgoing personality.
Frequency: R-Rarely (0-15%); O-Occasionally (15-50%); F-Frequently (51-100%)
Smart Phone: F
Extreme Temperature Changes: O
Cold Temperatures: O
Warm Temperatures: O
Loud Noise: R
Problem Solving: F
Decision Making: F
Interpret Data: F
Lifting (Up to 30 pounds required): F
Lifting Greater 30 pounds: R
- The employee will represent the Company in a positive, professional manner with fellow employees and within the communities served.
- The employee will encourage and maintain teamwork throughout the company and will communicate all pertinent information in a timely and effective manner.
- The employee will endeavor to maintain our integrity by embracing high ethical standards and adhering to company policies.
- Consistently demonstrates Anthony & Sylvan’s Guiding Values of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Integrity, Teamwork, and Community.