Field Superintendent – Las Vegas, NV
The Field Superintendent is responsible for managing all aspects of construction from the pre-site inspection to receipt of the Certificate of Completion/Certificate of Occupancy. Each Anthony & Sylvan customer will be assigned a Field Superintendent, who will be the day-to-day company contact person for their backyard project. Field Superintendent must be knowledgeable in all phases of the installation and operation of all equipment and systems. He/she must be able to manage and instruct crews to accomplish the desired end result in accordance with the product quality standards established by Anthony and Sylvan.
- Supervisor’s Title: Construction Manager
- Department: Operations
- Travel: 50-60%
Essential Duties of the Field Superintendent
- Oversees all phases of the installation process, taking digital photos throughout, and responsible for ensuring completion of all required inspections.
- Meets regularly with the Construction Manager and General Manager to review the progress of each assigned project and to discuss and resolve outstanding problems or issues, as needed.
- Assists with pre-site evaluations to ensure that any site concerns are addressed prior to obtaining a signed construction agreement.
- Performs pre-site inspections on all construction projects prior to excavation to ensure that all facets of the project have been identified and documented to eliminate the possibility of potential installation problems.
- Ensures compliance with the use of all safety-related equipment on the jobsite as required by the A&S Safety Program.
- Ensures the payment schedule is maintained and all payments are received for each assigned project. When construction crews are unable to do so, Field Superintendent may be scheduled to pick up customer payments before proceeding to the next phase.
- Field Superintendent is responsible for evaluating the performance of in-house crews and subcontractors for each phase. Takes immediate corrective action when workmanship is found to be sub-standard. If an individual or crew fails to respond and correct the problem, the Field Superintendent is to report the event to the GM or CM for further action.
- Field Superintendent would be capable/responsible to perform a comprehensive review of all construction plans, costs, details and documents in advance of the pre-site inspection
- Other projects and duties as required/assigned
- Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications of the Field Superintendent
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years’ project manager exp. in construction or a related industry.
- Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed.
- Microsoft Office; strong proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook. Proficient in using an iPad.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service orientation with a professional and courteous demeanor.
- Willingness to accept change and taking the initiative to create positive change within the scope of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively deal with the rigors of stress and disappointments in a calm, unemotional manner.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work long hours in the busy season.
- Company/Industry Related Knowledge.
- Ability to read blueprints.
Frequency: R-Rarely (0-15%); O-Occasionally (15-50%); F-Frequently (51-100%)
Smart Phone: F
Extreme Temperature Changes: O
Cold Temperatures: R
Warm Temperatures: F
Loud Noise: F
Problem Solving: F
Decision Making: F
Interpret Data: F
Lifting (Up to 30 pounds required): F
Lifting Greater 30 pounds: F
- The employee will represent the Company in a positive, professional manner with fellow employees and within the communities served.
- The employee will encourage and maintain teamwork throughout the company and will communicate all pertinent information in a timely and effective manner.
- The employee will endeavor to maintain our integrity by embracing high ethical standards and adhering to company policies.
- Consistently demonstrates A&S’s Guiding Values of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Integrity, Teamwork, and Community.
Acknowledgement: Position duties and expectations change over time. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive, exclusive or exhaustive list of the job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the Company. If there is ever a time that you are unsure what is expected of you, you are expected to meet with your manager and ask questions. If you are unsure how to perform a certain task, ask your manager before performing.Apply Now