Project Manager – Richmond, VA
The Project Manager (PM) with Anthony and Sylvan Pools in Richmond is responsible for managing all aspects of construction, from the pre-site inspection to receipt of the Certificate of Completion/Certificate of Occupancy. Each Anthony & Sylvan customer will be assigned a PM, who will be the day-to-day company contact person for their backyard project. PM’s must be knowledgeable in all phases of the installation and operation of all equipment and systems. He/she must be able to manage and instruct crews to accomplish the desired end result in accordance with the product quality standards established by Anthony and Sylvan.
- Travel: 50-60%
- Supervisor’s Title: General Manager
Essential Duties of the Project Manager
- Oversees all phases of the installation process, taking digital photos throughout, and responsible for ensuring completion of all required inspections.
- Meets regularly with the Construction Manager and General Manager to review the progress of each assigned project and to discuss and resolve outstanding problems or issues, as needed.
- Assists the Design Consultant and Sales General Manager (SGM) on pre-site evaluations to ensure that any site concerns are addressed prior to obtaining a signed construction agreement.
- Performs pre-site inspections on all construction projects prior to excavation to ensure that all facets of the project have been identified and documented to eliminate the possibility of potential installation problems. Ensures compliance with the use of all safety-related equipment on the jobsite as required by the A&S Safety Program.
- Ensures the payment schedule is maintained and all payments are received for each assigned project. When construction crews are unable to do so, PM’s may be scheduled to pick up customer payments before proceeding to the next phase.
- PMs are responsible for evaluating the performance of in-house crews and subcontractors for each phase. Takes immediate corrective action when workmanship is found to be sub-standard.
- If an individual or crew fails to respond and correct the problem, the PM is to report the event to the GM or CM for further action.
- Continuity ensure customer satisfaction and expectations are being met
- Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
- Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications of Our Richmond Project Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of experience as project manager in construction or related field.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Ability to overcome customer objections.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office; strong proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Proficient in using an iPad.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service orientation with a professional and courteous demeanor.
- Willingness to accept change and take initiative to create positive change within the scope of job responsibilities.
- Able to effectively deal with rigors of stress and disappointments in a calm, unemotional manner.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work long hours in the busy season.
- Ability to read blueprints.
Physical Requirements of the Project Manager Position
Frequency: R-Rarely (0-15%); O-Occasionally (15-50%); F-Frequently (51-100%)
Smart Phone: F
Extreme Temperature Changes: O
Cold Temperatures: O
Warm Temperatures: O
Loud Noise: R
Problem Solving: F
Decision Making: F
Interpret Data: F
Lifting (Up to 30 pounds required): F
Lifting Greater 30 pounds: O
- The employee will represent the Company in a positive, professional manner with fellow employees and within the communities served.
- The employee will encourage and maintain teamwork throughout the company and will communicate all pertinent information in a timely and effective manner.
- The employee will endeavor to maintain our integrity by embracing high ethical standards and adhering to company policies.
- Consistently demonstrates Anthony and Sylvan’s Guiding Values of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Integrity, Teamwork, and Community.
Join our team in Richmond, Virginia! Apply today.Apply Now