Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst at Anthony & Sylvan Pools is responsible for the development and preparation of financial analysis that will be used by Executive and Division Leadership Teams to assess operating performance and identify trends and opportunities for improvement. The Senior Financial Analyst will continuously look for ways to automate processes and reporting through leveraging of existing systems, and — where necessary — identifying creative solutions.
- Department: Finance
- Supervisor’s Title: Director Financial Planning & Analysis
- Location: Corporate (Doylestown, PA)
- Number of Direct Reports: 1
- Travel: 10-20%
Essential Duties of the Senior Financial Analyst:
- Manage budget and monthly forecast preparation and consolidation including documenting assumptions, building analytical models & templates, and assisting in pulling the presentation book together for Corporate Executive team and Board of Directors.
- Facilitate development of Corporate overhead budget.
- Monitor actual financial performance vs. budget and forecasts. Analyze variances from budget and assess impact on future performance. Incorporate variances into forecasts.
- Assist with maintenance of long term plan and track actual performance vs plan.
- Analyze and develop (or update existing) reports to track key performance indicators including the weekly dashboard.
- Analyze and assist with modeling gross margin impact from future price and cost changes, product mix, as well as backlog of jobs under contract.
- Prepare marketing and advertising reports and provide other ongoing support to the company’s marketing team.
- Individually develop “best practices” and act as pollinator of others “best practices” to assist Division and Corporate management. This could involve leading development of Power BI dashboards / metrics.
- Work with all levels of the Company to eliminate waste and variability and to identify opportunities to automate processes. Be an ambassador for process improvement.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual financial reporting packages for Corporate Executive team, Board of Directors and external advisors, including lenders, insurance brokers, tax and benefit consultants.
- Document procedures and train personnel on systems and processes. Be a subject matter expert on how to interpret financial results, use key metrics, use established pivot tables, and use Power BI.
- Ad hoc reports and special projects for the Division Management and Corporate Executive team
Supervisory/ Management Requirements
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and engaging employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required; MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred
- Three to eight years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think independently.
- Excellent communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel (vlookups, index, pivot tables) and taking data from different systems and turning the data into actionable information.
- Experience using business intelligence systems required; experience with developing or administrating business intelligence software preferred.
- Willing to travel 10-20%
Frequency: R-Rarely (0-15%); O-Occasionally (15-50%); F-Frequently (51-100%)
- Phone: O
- Copier: F
- Computer: F
- Fax: F
- Smart Phone: O
- Indoor: F
- Outdoor: R
- Extreme Temperature Changes: R
- Cold Temperatures: R
- Warm Temperatures: R
- Loud Noise: R
- Problem Solving: F
- Decision Making: F
- Supervise: R
- Interpret Data: F
- Organize: F
- Write: F
- Plan: F
- Sitting: F
- Standing: O
- Lifting (Up to 30 pounds required): F
- Lifting Greater 30 pounds: R
- Walking: F
- Driving: R
- The employee will represent the Company in a positive, professional manner with fellow employees and within the communities served.
- The employee will encourage and maintain teamwork throughout the company and will communicate all pertinent information in a timely and effective manner.
- The employee will endeavor to maintain our integrity by embracing high ethical standards and adhering to company policies.
- Consistently demonstrates A&S’s Guiding Values of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Integrity, Teamwork, and Community.