Senior Internal Auditor – Doylestown, PA
The senior internal auditor is responsible for developing the internal audit plan and then managing and performing individual internal audit projects. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units focusing on operational and financial processes. Additionally, the senior internal auditor performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues. The senior internal auditor will also be responsible for periodically reporting to the audit committee and championing internal control and overall corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The senior internal auditor may often direct and review work performed by other internal personnel as well as work with the Company’s outside audit firm.
- Develop procedures, schedules, priorities and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals.
- Assess risk factors to identify high-risk areas within the organization
- Analyze construction contracts, issues, situations, practices and procedures and the document findings
- Identify and communicate changes in professional standards, pronouncements, laws, guidelines and audit requirements.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or operations field.
- CPA/CIA designation.
- 5+ years of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Experience in operational auditing.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance. Also able to provide appropriate direction to other assigned team members.
- Be able to use project management tools to oversee project progress.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to management and audit committee.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Stay abreast of best practices internally and externally and be a conduit for introducing those practices to the Company.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective actions.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.