Senior Internal Auditor – Doylestown, PA
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for developing the internal audit plan and then managing and performing individual internal audit projects. the responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units focusing on operational and financial processes. Additionally, the senior internal auditor performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues. The Senior Internal Auditor will also be responsible for periodically reporting to the audit committee and championing internal control and overall corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The Senior Internal Auditor may often direct and review work performed by other internal personnel as well as work within the Company’s outside audit firm.
- Develop procedures, schedules, priorities and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals.
- Assess risk factors to identify high-risk areas within the organization
- Analyze construction contracts, issues, situations, practices and procedures and the document findings
- Identify and communicate changes in professionals standards, pronouncements, laws, guidelines, and audit requirements
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Follow Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or operations field
- CPA/CIA designation
- Minimum 5 years of public accounting experience of private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas
- An understanding and experience in application of internal control concepts
- Experience in operational auditing
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use project management tools for project progress oversight
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of internal auditing standards and risk assessment practices
- Thorough understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
- Up-to-date on internal and external best practices
- Ability to work as a team player