Service Manager – Jessup, MD
- Recruit and hires service technicians and service schedulers.
- Provide hands-on training and coaching employees on a regular basis.
- Maximize service technician capacity by fully implementing and using internal software scheduling tools. Review exception reports to ensure jobs are scheduled and completed. Maintain open communication with field technicians to expedite decisions related to on site concerns.
- Ensure quality control of service personnel through customer follow up calls and in field ride a longs. Track and follow up with underperforming technicians and schedulers.
- Ensure technicians and service schedulers complete and submit required documentation timely and accurately.
- Monitor/ control re-work and develop processes to eliminate occurrences and reduce related costs.
- Responsible for office duties including, balancing cash drawer through the POS system, making bank deposits, inventory management (control and ordering), data input & all associated administrative duties.
- Responsible for safety compliance for both field and service center. Perform safety audits as needed and recommend changes to process where needed to insure the highest degree of worker safety.
- Develop plans to achieve budget targets.
- Ensure all company assets (including vehicles, tools, telephones, computers, inventory, etc.) are properly maintained, safe guarded and accounted for.
- Make sure all service personnel are working with other functional areas (sales, operations, etc.) to support the overall goals of the business.
- Ensure proper communication and expectations of customer payments.
- Proactively communicates with customers to resolve any issues. Point of contact for customer conflict resolution. Ensures timely completion of all projects with minimum disruption to the customer’s property and swim season.
- Stay abreast of the latest pool and other backyard related technologies and take the initiative to understand such by either self-educating or attending vendor related training
- Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training and engaging employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years related experience with 3 or more years with supervisory experience.
- Must be able to understand concepts in P&L analysis
- Microsoft Office; strong proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Experiences dealing with the resolution of customer problems
- Experience in pool/service industry.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, result-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled in the ability to determine customer needs/requirements.
- An approachable, engaging and effective listener.
- Strong customer service mentality.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Willingness to work 50+ hours per week, including Saturdays if necessary.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and financial skills.
- Works well within a team environment.
- Industry knowledge is a plus.
Bachelors or better.
3-4 years: Supervisory experience
5-6 years: Pool service industry experience