Start-Up Technician – San Antonio, TX
The Start-up Technician is responsible for completing all new pool start-ups and training customers on how to operate and take care of their new pool. They are expected to be knowledgeable and comfortable talking about any equipment or pool-related maintenance services that Anthony & Sylvan offers. Technician will also perform service calls as required and perform minor repairs.
Start-up Technician – Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Start-up Technician reports to the Construction Manager and is responsible for the following duties:
- Perform start-ups on residential swimming pools per company guidelines
- Perform advanced chemical balancing and testing of water
- Diagnose, repair, and replace swimming pool equipment
- Communicate effectively with construction team and customer. Plays a key role as a member of the Operations Team in assisting Division to reach its Customer Satisfaction (CSS) goals.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of all pool services performed
- Keeps current on pool-related service aspects by attending vendor and trade show training
- Responsible for care of company vehicle by keeping maintained, clean, and stocked; responsible for maintaining accurate and proper level of inventory on vehicle.
- Clearly communicates with the construction and warranty divisions by giving essential recommendations regarding customer claim issues
- Responsible for handling, transporting and delivering pool chemicals to customers including but not limited Chlorine, algaecides, pH balancers, muriatic acid. Responsible for adding chemicals to customers pools per manufacturer’s directions.
- Assists in the in-field training of new technicians
- Other projects and duties as required/assigned
- Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures
Start-up Technician Position Requirements
Education Required: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
Experience Required: 1-3 years technical experience in a service industry. (Pool industry service experience and water chemistry experience preferred).
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed: NESP, CMS and CMT preferred; valid driver’s license.
- Mechanical aptitude & problem solving
- Excellent organization skills
- Quick learner
- Results oriented
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Team player with customer focus
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Frequent lifting – Up to 50 lbs.
- Sitting – 40%
- Walking – 40%
- Bending – 10%
- Squatting – 10%
Travel Requirements: 90% field work
Apply Today and Join the Team at Anthony & Sylvan
Does a Start-up Technician position with Anthony & Sylvan sound like your perfect job? Apply today by submitting the employment application today.Apply Now