Startup Technician – San Antonio, TX
Responsible for completing all new pool start-ups and training customers on how to operate and take care of their new pool. Is knowledgeable of and comfortable with talking about any equipment or pool-related maintenance services that Anthony & Sylvan offers. Technician will also perform service calls as required and perform minor repairs.
- Supervisor’s Title: Construction Manager
- Travel: 90-100%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Startup Technician
- Perform start-ups on residential swimming pools per company guidelines.
- Perform advanced chemical balancing and testing of water.
- Diagnose, repair, and replace swimming pool equipment.
- Communicate effectively with construction team and customer. Plays a key role as a member of the Operations Team in assisting Division to reach its Customer Satisfaction (CSS) goals.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of all pool services performed.
- Keeps current on pool-related service aspects by attending vendor and trade show training.
- Responsible for care of company vehicle by keeping maintained, clean, and stocked; responsible for maintaining accurate and proper level of inventory on vehicle.
- Clearly communicates with the construction and warranty divisions by giving essential recommendations regarding customer claim issues.
- Responsible for handling, transporting and delivering pool chemicals to customers including but not limited Chlorine, algaecides, pH balancers, muriatic acid. Responsible for adding chemicals to customer’s pools per manufacturer’s directions.
- Assists in the in-field training of new technicians.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications of the Startup Technician
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent preferred
- 1 – 3 years of technical experience in a service industry required.
- General pool background experience preferred
- Water chemistry experience preferred
- NESP CMS & CMT preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Mechanical aptitude & problem solving
- Excellent organization skills, quick learner, result oriented, attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills required. Team player with customer focus and self-motivated.
- Must be willing to travel.
Frequency: R-Rarely (0-15%); O-Occasionally (15-50%); F-Frequently (51-100%)
Smart Phone: R
Extreme Temperature Changes: F
Cold Temperatures: F
Warm Temperatures: F
Loud Noise: R
Problem Solving: F
Decision Making: F
Interpret Data: F
Lifting (Up to 30 pounds required): F
Lifting Greater 30 pounds: F
- The employee will represent the Company in a positive, professional manner with fellow employees and within the communities served.
- The employee will encourage and maintain teamwork throughout the company and will communicate all pertinent information in a timely and effective manner.
- The employee will endeavor to maintain our integrity by embracing high ethical standards and adhering to company policies.
- Consistently demonstrates Anthony & Sylvan’s Guiding Values of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Integrity, Teamwork, and Community.
Acknowledgement: Position duties and expectations change over time. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive, exclusive or exhaustive list of the job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the Company. If there is ever a time that you are unsure what is expected of you, you are expected to meet with your manager and ask questions. If you are unsure how to perform a certain task, ask your manager before performing.Apply Now