Technician Assistant – Springfield, VA
In this position you will receive on-the-job training, and will be responsible for assisting Senior Pool Technicians on servicing and repairing pool-related equipment; helping them perform opening and closing of pools and upgrading and installing equipment.
Position Title: Technician Assistant
Grade: High school Graduate/GED
Dept: After Market Division
Supervisor’s Title: Service Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Removing and installing pool covers and pool equipment. (50% of time)
2. Perform swimming pool cleanings and testing the pool water; helps to carry related materials to and from work van. (40% of time)
3. Load and unload truck for the daily routes. (10% of time)
4. Other duties as assigned
5. Follows A&S’s policies and procedures.
Education Required: High school Graduate /GED
Experience Preferred: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Pool Service/Repair
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 100lbs
- Continuous bending and lifting throughout the day
- Standing for long periods of time
- Must be willing and have the ability to be trained on the job for pool related service activities.
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic, excellent computer skills and a positive approach to customer service.
- Occasional overtime and Saturday work is required during peak seasonal periods.
- Successful candidate will go through company training program.
- Excellent organization skills, quick learner, result oriented, attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills required. Team player with customer focus and self-motivated.
- Must be willing to travel.