Technician Assistant – Springfield, VA
In this position you will receive on-the-job training, and will be responsible for assisting Senior Pool Technicians on servicing and repairing pool-related equipment; helping them perform opening and closing of pools and upgrading and installing equipment.
Position Title: Technician Assistant
Grade: High school Graduate/GED
Dept: After Market Division
Supervisor’s Title: Service Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Removing and installing pool covers and pool equipment.
- Performing swimming pool cleanings and testing the pool water.
- Helps to carry related materials to and from work van.
- Load and unload truck for the daily routes.
- Interacts with Service Technician and office staff on repair and inspection schedule. Maintains working relationship to promote quality of work and scheduling efficiency.
- Assists Technician in performing small general swimming pool and pool equipment repairs: including crack repairs, leak detection and plumbing repairs.
- Assists in service, repair, and replace swimming pool equipment.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of all pool services performed.
- Performs selling with equipment upgrades, chemicals and any other background products. Should be knowledgeable of and comfortable talking about any equipment or pool-related maintenance service Anthony & Sylvan sells.
- Responsible for handling pool chemicals including but not limited Chlorine, algaecides, pH balancers, muriatic acid. Responsible for adding chemicals to customer’s pools per manufacturer’s directions.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
Education Required: High school Graduate /GED
Experience Preferred: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Pool Service/Repair
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 100lbs
- Continuous bending and lifting throughout the day
- Standing for long periods of time
- Must be willing and have the ability to be trained on the job for pool related service activities.
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic, excellent computer skills and a positive approach to customer service.
- Occasional overtime and Saturday work is required during peak seasonal periods.
- Successful candidate will go through company training program.
- Excellent organization skills, quick learner, result oriented, attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills required. Team player with customer focus and self-motivated.
- Must be willing to travel.