Top Reasons for Owning a Pool – Health
There are many different benefits to owning your own inground pool, and at the top of those list: health benefits.
- Better Health – It is possible to treat yourself and your loved ones to great entertainment at home and a healthier lifestyle as well. A swimming pool in the backyard is all of that and more.
- The Best Exercise – People who use their pool as part of their everyday exercise think that swimming and aquatics are the very best exercises for the body. Many physicians and health trainers agree. Water exercises are more beneficial because they put less stress on limbs and joints.
- The Way to Sleep Better – A lot of people who own swimming pools have concluded that a late evening swim or a few minutes in the spa invites the best sleep of all. Somehow the muscles seem to relax and you sleep better as a result of the experience.
- Great for Arthritis and Sore Joints – Some people who suffer from the pain of arthritis are convinced that a regular program of water exercises is one of the ways to beat the debilitating effects of the disease. Obviously, everyone should contact a doctor first. Then, if permitted, get into a rehabilitation program as quickly as possible.
- A Wonderful Environment for Those with Disabilities – Pool and spa accessory manufacturers have developed lifts and access equipment so that all family members can enjoy the benefits of the water. What was once considered a playground for the fit is now a perfect destination for those in need of aquatic exercise at home.
- A Strong Heart – Most people recognize that a program of exercise and a healthy diet is a great way to stay in shape. Swimming and aquatics can help all family members maintain their weight and also build a strong, healthy heart. A backyard pool may be the ticket to a longer, healthier life.
- Aquatics Are In – A great number of books and magazines talk about the superior benefits of aquatics versus other types of exercise. With a pool in your backyard you can enjoy what some call the perfect exercise for the entire body.
- Work Off Big Meals Quickly -The pool in the backyard is more than just convenient. It’s a great inducement for exercise anytime. There really isn’t a better way to get the metabolism going.
- A Great Alternative to Becoming a Couch Potato – After a busy day or a big meal, too many Americans take to the easy chair and sleep themselves into poor health. The backyard pool can help everyone from becoming a couch potato.
- Better Than Watching Television – While TV can sometimes be entertaining it is no competition for good fun and healthy exercise. A swimming pool offers both – maybe even a longer life.
- Sports Are More Fun in the Pool – Everyone enjoys games in the pool. Some are more fun because they can involve most family members, not just the ones who excel.
- Swimming and Exercise Are Healthy Ways to Regain a Lost Appetite – The effects of water on the appetite are phenomenal. A regular exercise program in the pool may help some family members get back into good eating habits.
- Help Your Children Build Self-Confidence – Learning to swim, dive and interact compatibly with others helps build confidence in children and prepares them for life.
- Lessons Learned in a Pool Can Last Forever – While exercise, diet, self-confidence and health are all individually great motivating factors for the purchase of a swimming pool, each plays a role in life that is long-term in nature.
- Stress-Free Floating – Floating is freedom – freedom from stress and freedom from any kind of tension. This stress-free experience allows you to think about life, the family and all the jobs you handle. It can free you of all cares and woes.