Warranty Customer Service Manager – Doylestown, PA
General Summary of Position
As Manager of Warranty/Customer Service, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the necessary initiatives, policies, metrics, and procedures to facilitate the most profitable and efficient management of Anthony & Sylvan’s Warranty and Customer Service Operations, while maximizing customer satisfaction. Working with Management and staff, ensure the attainment of the Division’s stated Customer Satisfaction goals.
• Hire, train, retain and motivate a successful Warranty/Customer Service team that services the customer’s needs. Coach the team, including subcontractors to continuously develop and improve proactive communications with customers both internal and external. Educate new hires in pool industry specifics related to pool construction, maintenance and repair.
• Develop operational performance metrics to track progress against established goals and make necessary and timely adjustments when metric goals are not being met. Analyze warranty and customer relations related Leakage, using root cause analysis, and recommend / implement timely adjustments as necessary.
• Maintain highest standard for customer service. Assist in resolving customer service issues. Work directly with customers, as needed, to resolve issues that cannot be resolved by Customer Relationship Coordinators.
• Responsible for safety compliance for all field staff. Perform safety audits as needed and recommend changes to process where needed to insure the highest degree of worker safety.
• Continually assess the performance level of subcontractors. Define areas that are below expectations and set goals / timelines for improved performance.
• Ensure that all policies, processes and procedures are consistently implemented by all Warranty/Customer Relations team members. This includes, but is not limited to checklists, timely customer payments, subcontractor back charges, etc.
• Work closely with the Construction team to improve proactive communications with customers both internal and external.
• Stay abreast of the latest pool and other backyard related technologies and take the initiative to understand such by either self-educating or attending vendor related training.
• Prepare and maintain documentation for current and newly implemented operating processes / procedures including user instructions, training manuals.
• Assist with the strategic planning and budgeting processes for Warranty and Customer Relations, identifying and recommending the department’s operating and organization plans. Participate in the development and presentation of materials for all meetings with senior management
• Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
• Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
Supervisory/ Management Requirements
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and engaging employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree required.
• 7+ years of management experience with additional supervisory experience with subcontractors and field technicians.
• Proven leadership skills, creative and forward thinking with the ability to teach, develop and coach subordinates
• Proven record of setting and achieving performance objectives
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral. Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Self-starting and directed, enthusiastic and positive work ethic and management style.
• Lean, Six Sigma background a plus.
• Microsoft Office; strong proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
• Industry related experience a plus.